Embox is a configurable operating system kernel designed for resource constrained and embedded systems.
Embox main idea is using Linux software without Linux.
What does it mean?
Imagine, you need a single application in the embedded system, but you want to use some libraries (Qt, OpenCV, etc). In Linux case you need a high-performance hardware. In Embox case you can use the software as bare-metal including the only required system parts.
- use low power hardware
- use boards with small resources
- use existing software
- develop your software on Linux
- care less about security because static linking disables executing external software
- VoIP phone on STM32F7Discovery based on PJSIP project
- Qt on STM32F7Discovery
- OpenCV on STM32F769i board
- A lot of programming languages available: Python, Lisp, Java (phoneme), TCL, Ruby, Lua
- SSHD based on Dropbear project
- telnetd, httpd
- zeromq, qpid
If you would like to participate or have any question, feel free to open an issue on GitHub or leave a message in our group (mailing list email@example.com) or telegram chat https://t.me/embox_chat_en
Pull requests are always appreciated!